No one plans to visit the emergency department. It just happens, and usually when you least expect it.
No matter what your age, you don't have time for the unexpected. We provide quality, convenient, and compassionate care. Each year, more than 16,000 people visit our Level IV Trauma Center (Emergency Room) at Cleveland Regional Medical Center. We treat everything from minor cuts requiring stitches to critical events such as cardiac arrest, stroke and breathing problems. Our experienced nursing staff is equipped to handle all your emergencies.
What can I expect during my visit?
Upon arrival, you will be seen and assessed by a registered nurse specially trained in emergency services. This step is commonly called triage. Triage is the process of determining the urgency and prioritization of treatment. Typically, the most critical patients are treated first. Therefore, a heart attack victim may be seen by a physician first, even though you may have been waiting longer.
Be sure to have any insurance information and identification, such as driver's license, available. Cleveland Regional Medical Center is unable to treat minors who are alone; we must have parental consent to treat patients under the age of 18.
- If more than one family member is present, please designate one person as a contact/spokesperson.
- When in the treatment area, you will be promptly seen by a physician. Depending on the nature of your condition, the physician may recommend further treatment as an in- or out-patient.
- Upon discharge from the emergency room, you will receive instruction and if needed a referral for follow-up care.
What will I be charged?
Your visit may involve many different medical personnel — nurses, physicians, laboratory specialists, radiologists, and others. Not all of these professionals are directly employed by Cleveland Regional, therefore you may receive more than one bill for your emergency room visit.
The following services are usually billed separately:
- Cleveland Regional Medical Center
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Radiologist Services
- Other Consulting Physicians
What must I pay on the day of my visit?
- Anyone presenting to the emergency room will receive a medical screening for an emergent condition even if you cannot pay or do not have medical insurance, or you are not entitled to Medicare or Medicaid.
- PLEASE REMEMBER, some insurance and managed care plans do not pay for certain emergency room visits.
- If your insurance requires a co-payment, you will be requested to pay it during the registration process.
Any comments regarding your visit to our Emergency Room are encouraged. You may contact us by e-mail, or telephone Cleveland Regional Medical Center at 281-593-8358.
300 E. Crockett
Cleveland, TX 77327